Hire A Tax Attorney: When Do You Need One?

Estimated read time 2 min read

When to work with a tax lawyer? This is one of the common questions people have in mind, especially for people dealing with California tax problems. If you are one of them, then this article is for you.  The following circumstances might make consulting a tax lawyer particularly appropriate.

Estate planning:

When it comes to estate planning, there are a few things to consider and without the right knowledge, you could be potentially facing a lot of problems along the way. A tax lawyer can assist you with the documentation required to minimize other pertinent expenses such as processing of estate taxes, asset transfer to other family members, , establish trusts, and implement other methods.

Launching a business:

Tax attorneys can assist in creating tax-smart plans for launching, purchasing, selling, or growing a firm. Tax debt relief: A tax lawyer may be able to assist you in pursuing the following options if you wish to negotiate or fight an outstanding sum with the IRS or another tax authority:

Tax lawyer helps come up with a compromise offer.  Some of these include the following:

  • Respite for innocent spouses
  • Installment agreements to spread out tax payments

Assist in Tax disputes:

If you wish to file a lawsuit against a local authority, the state, or IRS about a particular tax issue,  if you’re being audited, or if you’d like to appear before the U.S. A tax lawyer can assist in Tax Court.

What a tax lawyer should have?

A legal permit

To practice law, an attorney needs a license. You can check the website of your state’s bar association to see if a tax attorney is licensed to practice in your state. indicators of specialized training or advanced education. To obtain a legal license, you must typically also complete law school. An LL.M. is a master’s degree in taxes that is held by some tax attorneys. Certain tax attorneys are certified public accountants (CPAs), and they hold CPA licenses as well.

A tax identification number for preparers (PTIN)

It is issued by the IRS is required for anyone who prepares tax returns for payment. Your tax return must include a PTIN and be signed by the preparer.

More From Author

+ There are no comments

Add yours